DESTINATION: NAMERI – DIRANG – TAWANG – BOMDILA – KAZIRANGA – SHILLONG
DURATION: 09 NIGHTS / 10 DAYS
DAY 01: GUWAHATI – NAMERI (ASSAM)
Welcome to your Northeast Package: Today arrive at Guwahati airport, received and transferred to Nameri (220 kms / 05 hrs drive), if time permits we can visit the Sualkuchi Silk weaving village of Assam enroute, reach Nameri and check into Eco Camp and overnight stay.
( Sualkuchi village depends on flight arrival timing)
DAY 02: NAMERI – DIRANG (ARUNACHAL PRADESH)
We will drive to Dirang after breakfast (175 kms / 07 hrs drive), on reach Dirang we will visit Dirang Dzong, check into hotel and if time permits we will visit a Monpa village. Overnight in Dirang.
DAY 03: DIRANG – TAWANG (ARUNACHAL PRADESH)
Today after breakfast we visit the Dirang Monastery and then we proceed for Tawang (195 kms/ 09 hrs drive), enroute we will visit Sela Lake at Sela Pass (13476 ft), Jashwant Ghar and Nunarang Falls (also known as Jung Falls), reach Tawang and check into hotel and overnight stay.
The name TAWANG derives from some bearings on surroundings. But people’s interpretation is that the name TAWANG was given by Mera Lama in the 17th century. One can reach Tawang from other parts of the country via Guwahati and Tezpur in Assam. From Guwahati(Assam) or Tezpur(Assam), one has to go to Bhalukpong in West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh and from there via Bomdila and Sela Pass one can go to Tawang by road.
DAY 04: TAWANG (ARUNACHAL PRADESH)
Followed by the breakfast we will go for a full excursion in Tawang and in and around, we will visit the Sangetsar Lake (also known as Madhuri Lake), PTso Lake, Tawang War Memorial, Urgelling Monastery, Ani Gompa and if time permits we will visit a hot spring. Evening back to Tawang and overnight stay.
DAY 05: TAWANG – BOMDILA (ARUNACHAL PRADESH)
After an early breakfast we drive to Bomdila (195 kms / 08 hrs drive), reach Bomdila and visit Bomdila Monastery and Bomdila Point, check into hotel and evening at leisure. Overnight at Bomdila.
DAY 06: BOMDILA – KAZIRANGA (ASSAM)
After breakfast we will drive to Kaziranga (235 kms / 08 hrs drive), reach Kaziranga and overnight stay.
DAY 07: KAZIRANGA – SHILLONG (MEGHALAYA)
You will go for safaris and elephant ride inside the national park. Early morning go for an Elephant ride ( timing 5:00 AM/ 06:00 AM/ 7:00 AM) then return back to the lodge and after breakfast go for a Jeep Safari (timing 8:00 AM / 9:00 AM) for 03 hrs, after the safari come back to lodge. After lunch drive straight to Shillong ( 06 ½ hrs drive), reach Shillong and check into hotel and overnight stay.
Shillong is the capital and hill station of Meghalaya, also known as “The Abode of Clouds”, one of the smallest states in India. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at an average altitude of 4,908 feet above sea level, with the highest point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet. Shillong is the 330th most populous city in India with population of 143,007 according to the 2011 census. It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Hence, they would also refer to it as the “Scotland of the East”
DAY 08: SHILLONG – CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG
After breakfast we set to explore Shillong and Cherrapunjee (56 kms / 02 hrs drive), we will visit the Elephant falls, Shillong Peak (the highest point in Meghalaya) and the drive further to Cherrapunjee, at Cherrapunjee we visit the Nohkalikai Falls (the fourth highest falls in the world), Mawsmai Cave, Danthlen Falls and Krem Falls. After exploring for the day we will drive back to Shillong and overnight stay.
DAY 09: SHILLONG – MAWLLYNNONG – SHILLONG
Today after breakfast we drive to Mawllynnong (110 kms / 02 ½ hrs drive), explore the village and also trek for 10 min to visit the Single Decker Living Root Bridge in Riwai village, back to Shillong and overnight stay.
Mawllynnong Village located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya, also referred as ‘God’s own garden’ has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The village known for its cleanliness is located around 90 kms from Shillong and is a community based eco-tourism initiative. The community has made collective effort to maintain the ambience of a clean village. The village offers picturesque natural beauty, a trek to the living root bridge at a neighbouring village Riwai. The village also offers a sight of natural balancing rock, a strange natural phenomenon of a boulder balancing on another rock.
The adage “Neighbors envy, owners pride’ is apt for Mawlynnong as it has earned the distinction of being one of the cleanest villages in Asia, a fact that every Mawlynnong villager is proud of and other villagers are envy of.
The village is quite pretty, especially in the monsoons when there is lush greenery all around, with waterfalls paving the way to small streams and abundance of flowering orchids dangling from the trees and hedges add to the beauty of the village.
DAY 10: SHILLONG – GUWAHATI
Today after breakfast drive to Guwahati airport (140 kms / 03 hrs drive) for onward destination.
PACKAGE COST (FOR INDIAN NATIONAL)
PER PERSON Rs. 25,600/- ( Based on 06 Adults minimum using Standard hotels)
PER PERSON Rs. 28,600/- ( Based on 06 Adults minimum using Deluxe hotels)
- Accommodation Twin / Triple sharing basis in all above said Hotels / Similar based on number of Pax.
- Breakfast in the Hotels
- Transportation using 01 NOS TOYOTA INNOVA
- All sightseeing as per itinerary
- Airport / Railway Station Pick-Up & Transfer
- 01 Trip of Elephant ride at Kaziranga National Park
- 01 Rounds of Jeep Safari at Kaziranga National Park
- Park entry charges at Kaziranga
- 01 Ltr Mineral Water Per Person daily
- Permit charges for Arunachal Pradesh
- Lunch and Dinner
- Tea and snacks
- Camera Charge
- Tips, laundry and telephone bills
- Travel Insurances
- Any up gradation cost
- Other Expenses of personal nature
- Air/ Train Fares
|PLACE||STANDARD HOTEL||DELUXE HOTELS|
|NAMERI||ECO CAMP||HOTEL FERN|
|DIRANG||HOTEL SAMDRUPKHANG||HOTEL PEMALING|
|TAWANG||ZAX STAR / HOTEL GREEN WOOD RELAX||HOTEL YANGJOM / SIMILAR|
|BOMDILA||LUNGTA RESIDECNY||HOTEL TSEPAL YANGJOM|
|KAZIRANGA||HOTEL EMERALD / WILD GRASS||LA VIEW / BON HABI|
(PLEASE DO NOTE THAT IN THE GIVEN COST BASE CATEGORY ROOM IS USED)
- Road condition in Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Mizoram are not good including some parts of Assam, Tripura and Meghalaya.
- We avoid to take tours in Monsoon Season (June, July and August) however some places in Northeast are best during this season.
- Guest with adventurous mind should travel to Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and some parts of Northeast India.
- In this region there are no relevance between the distance and time travelling as it depends upon the conditions of roads and congestion of traffic.
- Mobile services may not be active in all destinations. Pre-paid roaming and International roaming connection does not work in this region.
- Credit Cards / Traveler’s cheque are not freely accepted.
- Every effort will be made to maintain the itinerary, in view of local strikes, landslide etc., which are beyond our control all schedule and itineraries are subject to last moment changes and any additional cost, will be borne by the guests directly.
- Please do note that the car will be there with the clients for 09 hrs and over and above that it would be chargeable.
- Cost for any increase in taxes / fuel price, which may come into effect the tour price.
NOTE: To Go to Arunachal Pradesh Indian National require Inner Line Permit. To issue the permit we require Address Proof, Identity proof and 02 copies of Passport size photographs of every person. It takes 03 official days to prepare.